The most effective skin cancer treatment available
When you’re looking for advanced skin cancer treatments, it’s important you find a provider who is a master in the science of skin.
Every year, hundreds of patients from across the metro trust Kansas City Skin & Cancer Center to handle their most critical skin health needs. Mohs Micrographic Surgery is one of the most highly specialized, effective cancer treatments available. In fact, it offers the highest cure rate available—even if the skin cancer has been previously treated. Mohs surgery is the gold-standard option for removing skin cancers & tumors in high-risk locations on the body where tissue sparing is critical.
Mohs surgery in Kansas City is a state-of-the-art treatment in which the physician serves as surgeon, pathologist, and reconstructive surgeon. The process allows the surgeon to trace, identify, and remove the entire tumor, leaving healthy tissue unharmed.
Preferred treatment when
- Skin cancer develops on highly visible/delicate areas
- Skin cancer has recurred after previous treatment or is likely to recur
- Skin cancer is in scar tissue
- Skin cancer covers a large area or has ill-defined edges
- Skin cancer has grown rapidly